The fitness industry continues to see a dynamic and rapidly changing landscape. 2020 headlines asking if the gym is dead have given way to 2022 headlines asking if Peloton is dead, highlighting the dramatic shifts this young industry has seen.
So, as we emerge from the pandemic and consumers return to inperson fitness, what does that mean for the online fitness space? Now that consumers truly have all their fitness options available again, how will they use them?
Our Online Fitness Deep Dive 2022 represents the third wave of our research into online fitness users, their behaviors, and their brand usage. Combining timely updates and trended measures, this report is essential reading for anyone with a stake in this exciting sector, full of risk and opportunity.
Key topic areas:
- Total market size and changes in usership, including trial, lapsed, and current users.
- Online fitness user attitudes, aspirations, and fitness behaviors: How do online fitness users approach exercise and online fitness specifically? What motivates them or holds them back?
- Gym membership and activities: How does online fitness usage affect gym membership? How do online fitness users use gyms/studios?
- The interaction of online and in-person fitness: When and why is online fitness a replacement, addition, or complement to the gym?
- Consumer-driven category distinctions: How do consumers perceive and group the many types of brands in the online fitness space?
- Online fitness occasions: When and why do consumers use different online fitness resources, including at the gym?
- Brand equity metrics and trending, including awareness, engagement, performance, and drivers of satisfaction.
Peloton, SoulCycle, NordicTrack iFit, Nike Training/Run Club, Beachbody On Demand, Apple Fitness+, Strava, Daily Burn, Obé, My Fitness Pal, PopSugar, Yoga Studio, Zwift, Tonal, Tempo, and more!
- Quantitative online survey
- Nationally representative sample of U.S. adults aged 18+
- Minimum of n=1,000 current online fitness users
- Qualitative ethnographic engagements
- Current online fitness users aged 18+
- Multi-day fitness diaries
- In-depth interviews and sweat-alongs
Pricing & Deliverables
- $7500 for full report
- Story-driven report with detailed findings and data visualizations, delivered in PDF